Psalm 33"Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful.
Praise the Lord with the harp, Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings.
Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy.
For the Word of the Lord is right, And all His work is done in truth.
He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.
By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
He gathers the water of the sea together as a heap; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded and it stood fast.
The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.
The counsel of the Lord stands forever, The plans of His heart to all generations.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, The people He has chosen as His own inheritance.
The Lord looks from heaven, He sees all the sons of men.
From the place of His dwelling He looks, On all the inhabitants of the earth;
He fashions their hearts individually; He considers all their works.
No king is saved by the multitude of an army; A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for safety; Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength.
Behold the eye of the Lord is those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their souls from death, And to keep them alive in famine.
Our soul waits on the Lord; He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him, Because we have trusted in His Holy name.
Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, Just as we hope in You."
As I have been typing this passage of scripture I have had to question myself. Am I living like I serve the Lord in this passage or am I a show Christian? I would like to believe that I live like I serve a great God. But as I check my heart with the Lord I find myself wanting. I have strayed away from my commitment to the Lord because I "don't have time." But then I realize that by saying that, I am not looking beyond my own nose. The Lord owns all time. So really I should be planning my life around His time. That is where my egotistical human flesh falls short of the glory of God. I am more concerned with my wants and comforts than what the Creator of the Universe has asked of me. How privileged am I that He would even want to use me or spend time with me.
I have been playing the part of a good religious person instead of living Christ. He has made me one of His own never to be alone again. How can I not share that with those around me. He has fashioned my heart just how He wanted me to be as an individual. How much hope that would give a lost world if someone would only open their eyes and share. How selfish of me to keep such hope to myself.
I keep saying that I will change tomorrow. I will start reading my Bible tomorrow, I will start spending time with the Lord tomorrow. The interesting thing is that tomorrow never comes. I am not even guaranteed my next breath. I need to redeem the time now. I choose not to live for tomorrow, but to live for today.
The greatest desire of my heart when I leave this earth is that I would be known as a Woman after God's Own Heart. That people would see God by the way I lived for Him. I pray that God is glorified through the life that He allowed me to live. To be that red crayon amid the black and white.
To God be All Glory and Honor Forever!

0 comments:
Post a Comment